Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Why sleep?!? Why?

Well I'm still not getting enough sleep and it's frustrating me a bit.  I did manage to sleep 5 hours before waking up at like 2am.  It is frustrating.  I've had insomnia before but this stretch of it has been long and I'm definitely tired of being tired.  The weather has been incredibly cold too which is not helping my ankle.  All things considered this has left me really wishing the week would end already.  After saying that I am not ready for the week to end yet...

I didn't go to the gym yesterday my ankle was so stiff.  I think I'd convinced myself it was almost better since it hadn't been hurting, this was a reminder that when a doctor says 1 month, they mean 1 month... NOT TWO WEEKS CARA...  It seems to be feeling better today so I'm going to go but I'm restricting myself back to the bike.  Seems that's the only thing I can do that doesn't bother it.

In other news I was reading an article today about the human body and willpower.  Midnight munchies a common problem?  Don't feel like eating healthy at dinner or working out after work?  It might not just be that you're tired.  According to new psychology studies we use our willpower everyday for every little decision we have to make and we appear to only have a certain amount of it per day (Reach Any Goal).  I found this really interesting because on some levels it does really seem to fit.  I feel like I have a lot more willpower and stamina in the morning and then as the day goes on the desires to do unhealthy things seem to get stronger and stronger.  The human ability to control our impulses and desires seems to weaken so if you have major decision to make or planning that needs to be done do it in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment