Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lunch!


I've been trying to drink water like crazy.  While at work I try to drink 5-6 of those 16 oz water bottles.  Most people think that 8 glasses of water a day is enough to stay hydrated.  I find that I feel better if I drink at least 10-12.  When I'm working out at the gym I tend to drink even more mostly because I REALLY sweat.

Today's lunch smoothie as you can see is bright green.  It surprisingly doesn't taste like vegetables!  I know what your thinking but it's true.  Today it's strawberry banana flavored.  This morning before work in my blender I added:

1 cup kale
1 banana
5 frozen strawberries
1 container drinkable apple yogurt
1/2 cup soy milk

I add the drinkable yogurt sometimes for digestion.  You can find it everywhere in Korea and since it's still quite liquidy it doesn't make the smoothies too thick.  Kale and spinach, I'm finding, don't have a very strong taste so if you add fruit to your smoothie you're not going to taste the green stuff. 

I've been using a lot of the recipes from blendedrecipes.com to start with.  Now that I'm a bit more comfortable adding things together on my own and experimenting though I've been coming up with some of my own recipes as of late.  I just read an article about Superfood Combinations in Fitness Magazine that gave me some ideas for some interesting combinations.  Obviously not all of them could be combined into a blender orange juice and dry cereal sound like they'd be gross in a smoothie but some of them seem promising.  I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment