Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2012 ended...

And absolutely nothing happened!  Well at least as far as I can tell although there are probably a surplus of really disappointed doomsday advocates wondering where their glorious zombie apocalypse is because at this point you mention apocalypse and everyone thinks zombies and shotguns right?  I didn't even manage to make it to midnight I fell asleep then woke up at about 3am,  looked outside, saw no zombies and went back to bed...

So with the rather anticlimatic end of 2012, I like millions of others worldwide decided to make a New Year's resolution.  There are sooo many things people resolve to do right?  I did however discover recently that 50% of America makes a resolution on New Year's eve but that only about 22% of them manage to follow through.  That's less than half!  I refuse to be discouraged.  I may be American but I'm living in South Korea so that makes me different right?!?

Anyway I have been trying to think of what would make me more likely to stick with my resolution and the only solution that came to me was accountability.  We all make secret resolutions but if we fail so what no one knows right?  We can rationalize that it's just not meant to be and forget about it two weeks after the year starts.  So today as I'm struggling to stick to my resolution already I decided the best way to follow through would be to shamelessly discuss it and things that no one else cares or wants to know about online... Like 99% of the rest of the internet!

My resolution is to live a healthier lifestyle.  Now before you sigh and say "Doesn't everyone want to lose weight?"  I will respond with "Well duh but..."  Losing weight is great and yes I definitely want to lose quite a bit of weight but that isn't the resolution.  Truthfully I'd be lying if I said I liked the way I looked right now.  What I find bothers me though isn't my appearance, it's my lack of energy and the apathy.  I go to work then I go home and do nothing.  I don't clean my house, I don't study, I don't enjoy any of my hobbies.  I go home and sit in a pile because I'm tired. 

One of my goals is to eventually have a job where I feel like I'm helping people but I end up thinking to myself if I can't even help myself who am I to try helping others?  So My resolution is to change that.  I spent years in school studying medicine and I've had nutrition classes so I know what I should be doing and what I shouldn't be doing.  I was doing a lot more of what I shouldn't be doing than the good stuff. 

So enough of that here's to the end of 2012 and 2013 may the year of the snake bring us all good fortune and success in our resolutions and future endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment